Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We're engaged!!

Toby proposed on Friday, Nov 9th. We went for a walk to the lake when he got home from work. There was a play going on in the little community center right on Sheridan and Granville at the playground. He found some rocks that faced the Chicago city skyline at night. I could hear the waves from the lake crashing onto the rocks where we stood. He was very nervous. And he got down on one knee and said some very sweet things that I won't repeat and then pulled out the beautiful ring in the box and asked me to marry him.

He's so cute :)

We've set the date for Aug.9th, 2008. We'll be sending out Save-the-date cards soon!

4 comments:

parenting noobs said...

Yeah! Congratulations! The wedding is gonna be a blast... 2008 will be a big year for the Minor family! :)

LeeBee said...

Congratulations! Wow, what the...? What a huge surprise.

Okay, not really.

steph said...

Congrats!! I look forward to hearing what you have planned for the wedding! Love you guys!

Meghan said...

I just got the Save the Date card. I had no idea!! Congrats!!